Dillon Carmichael Announces Debut Album “Hell On An Angel” – Releases New Song
Those paying attention to the doings in traditional country have been salivating for the eventual release of Dillon Carmichael’s debut album for a while now, and now we have all of the details. Called Hell On An Angel, the Dave Cobb-produced record will be hitting shelves on August 17th via Riser House Records, and that’s a hell of a long time to wait after Carmichael has wet our whistle with some very promising songs ahead of the release.
Only in his mid 20’s, you may be surprised that the love of traditional country music is so strong in him, but the pedigree and promise in his young career is definitely present. From the tiny town of Burgin, Kentucky, Dillon Carmichael is the grandson of Harold Montgomery, who was a respected Kentucky country singer, and Harold Carmichael, who was a member of The Carmichael Brothers. More famously, he’s the nephew of country music performers Eddie Montgomery, and John Michael Montgomery. Dillon first signed a songwriting deal before he finished high school at the age of 18, and in September of 2017 he signed with Riser House.
Now he’s about to put out a debut record with one of the hottest producers in the business, and with a bunch of buzz behind him. Co-writing 7 of the 10 songs on Hell On An Angel, the album also sees songwriting contributions from Jon Pardi and Leroy Powell.
Leroy Powell also plays guitar on the album. Other players include steel guitar legend Robby Turner, drummer Chris Powell, bass player Brian Allen, and others. Joining the already-released songs of “Old Songs Like That” and “It’s Simple” is the title track on the new album (listen below).
Hell On An Angel Tracklist:
1. Natural Disaster (Anthony Smith, Chris Wallin)
2. It’s Simple (Carmichael, Larry McCoy, Chris Rodgers, Neal Coty)
3. Country Women (Jon Pardi, Jim Kaufman, Britton Cameron)
4. Hell On An Angel (Carmichael, Daniel Smalley)
5. Dancin’ Away With My Heart (Carmichael, McCoy, Coty)
6. Hard On A Hangover (Becky Montgomery, Robert Jason Young)
7. What Would Hank Do (Carmichael, Jordan Rager, Houston Phillips)
8. Might Be A Cowboy (Carmichael, Joey Hollis, Tom O’Connor)
9. Old Flame (Carmichael)
10. Dixie Again (Carmichael, Aaron Raitiere, Leroy Powell)
Follow us on twitter: @emmreport,@emmnetwork,@emmmedia,, instagram @emmreport