Sylvester Stallone speaks out on son Sage Stallone’s tragic death for the first time: ‘It’s a horrible situation’

299
8
Share:
A solemn Sylvester Stallone breaks his silence on ‘Good Morning America’.

Sylvester Stallone broke his silence Tuesday about the death of his first-born son — one month after Sage Stallone was found dead of an apparent drug overdose in his Los Angeles home.

Flanked by his “Expendables 2” co-stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, Jean Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren, Stallone opened up on “Good Morning America” about his grief.

“It’s tough. It’s very tough … it’s a horrible situation,” the 66-year-old actor said in the pre-taped interview, taken at Monday’s London premiere of the film.

Appearing on the red carpet at the London premire of “Expendables 2” was also a big step for Stallone. The film’s star had been MIA from all previous promotional events for the movie in the wake of Sage’s death.

Stallone though appeared poised at the event, with a fixed smile as he posed for photographs with his current wife Jennifer Flavin and their three daughters.

STALLONE15F_1_WEB

MIKE MARSLAND/WIREIMAGE

Sylvester Stallone, with his wife Jennifer Flavin and children, attends the UK premiere of ‘The Expendables 2’ Monday in London.

He said he’s been trying to get back to work to take his mind off the grief since he buried his son.

“Time, hopefully, will heal, and you try to get through it, but it’s just something. It’s a reality of life,” he said on “Good Morning America.” “I think it’s important to get back and start reliving your life. Otherwise, you can go into a spiral.”

A cause of death has still not been identified, though it was believed to be a drug overdose and investigators said they found giant empty bottles of prescription painkillers near Sage’s body, gossip site TMZ reported.

STALLONE20N_1_WEB

ALBERT L. ORTEGA/WIREIMAGE

Sage Stallone during the ‘Rocky Balboa’ world premiere.

For his first televised interview since the grim July 13 discovery, it helped that Stallone brought some backup muscle.

Talk quickly switched to the male bonding that went happened on the set — and Schwarzenegger’s return to action movies after eight years off for his other job as governor of California. The 65-year-old once and future movie star is coming off an embarrassing tabloid scandal — a pending divorce after the revelation that he fathered a love child with his housekeeper — and was happy to talk to be talking tothe press about a movie.

STALLONE16F_1_WEB

EVERETT

Sage Stallone makes his movie debut with his famous dad in ‘Rocky V’

“It was great to be back because the spotlight was not on me,” Schwarzenegger told “GMA.” “I was very appreciative that Sly was interested in having me in the movie.”

“They thought that being eight years out of the game, that I maybe would not know how to hold a gun anymore,” said Scharwzenegger, 65. “Stallone was coming over, saying, ‘Here’s how you hold it.'”

“He was aiming at himself,” Stallone quipped.

source:  http://www.nydailynews.com

Share:

8 comments

Leave a reply

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *